Friday, August 10, 2007

All dressed up...

With somewhere to go, apparently. I spent most of last night putting the Jet fighter together for my first race since Couer d' Alene. Should be interesting, but I'm pretty sure its gonna be painful. Cotton States, in picturesque Lake Providence is where I'm headed. Someone said I was looking all over the state to find races I could do well at. Truthfully, I knew my girlfriend would be moving her stuff this weekend, so I scheduled this race as far away as possible so I didn't have to help. Shady, I know. Anyway, I'm actually excited to get back out there and race. It's nice to break up the monotony of training with a race or two. Plus, it will be a good rehersal for Cajunman. They say racing is a test of will. I agree, and its a good time to see if all that money you spent on aero trinkets was really worth it. Now that the Jet fighter is all dressed up and ready for Prom, I lay awake at night debating between the Manzierre (man bra tri top) and shorts (Just like Faris), or bringing back the onesy, aka Sausage suit. Decisions, decisions... I was hoping Lake Providence would have a little temperature break, but it seems like the weather there is hotter than it is here. Shame on me for using logic to think the further away from the equator I was, the cooler it would be. Best case senario is that I'll do really well at the race, and my mom will cook an awesome meal for me at their lake house. Worst case senario is that I'll get my teeth kicked in at the race, and my mom will cook an awesome meal for me at their lake house. Sounds like a win, win to me too. I'll be back next week with all of the gory details of my race. But before I leave, I'll share a quick glimpse into my life. A guy emailed me with some training questions. Pretty standard. But what wasn't standard was the domain name of this guy's email address. It was (your name)@justice.com How cool is that? Justice. What do you do for a living, sir? I work for Justice. Personally, I think the guy is a superhero in disguise. Not only does he work for justice, but he wears a suit to work, just like Clark Kent... My only question is, "Does the Justice.com company have any openings?"

Thanks for reading....

No comments: