Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 2

So Day 2 is in the books. It was funny and ironic at the same time. The 1st workout of the day was a hard ass run. It went something like 20 minutes warmup, 40x(30 seconds HARD/30 seconds ez). The funny thing is that this run took place on a soccer field. Halfway through, I kinda laughed internally how this run could possibly be punishment for a past lifetime in soccer. I couldn't laugh out loud cause I was in between bouts of gasping for air and spitting on myself. We got a quick bite to eat, then it was a fun 5k swim. And when I say fun, I mean that as not fun at all. And after the swim, they inform me that Sam McGlone was swimming 2 lanes over (IM 70.3 champ and IM Hawaii 2nd place). Uh, yeah. To answer your question, i got it handed to me in the pool. We then wrecked shop at Chipotle. We got home in time to apply sunscreen, sit on the couch and cry for 5 minutes. Then, it was out for an "easy" zone 2, 1.5 hour aerobic ride. The thing about Paulo is that I still think he is joking when he's serious, and think he's serious when he is joking. So I thought he was kidding when he said to "do the ride up Mt. Lemmon" for an hour, then descend back into town and wrap it up. Well, he was very serious, and nothing about climbing Mt. Lemmon is zone 2 aerobic. I was best friends with the 27 cassette on that ride. And the descent, well it wasn't exactly an overpass downhill. So in short, I'm a bit shelled and it's only day 2. I'm working on pics of this place, as it's awesome!  It's hard work, but it sure beats workin' (at least for a week).

Livin' the dream....

No comments: