Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 1 - 87miles

What a fun and frosty way to start off 1,000 Christmas K's. 3 brave souls, Marcus, Adam, and Eric came along for a pretty basic loop. The Port Barre/Washington/Opelousas/Arnaudville loop ride. They said it would warm up to about 60 degrees today. They lied. As for the legs, they felt fine but I think they know what is around the corner for them. I can just see at about Day 6 or 7 of this challenge, I'll be saying "It seemed like a good idea at the time". Either way, today was a great reminder of why I ride my bike. So I can see cool stuff and hang out with my friends. Here's some pics from today:

The Italian Stallion, ready for action. Safe to say that this is as clean as she'll be for a while. 

30min into the ride, and we are already having a potty break. It's like I'm babysitting my brother's kids 

My partners in crime today. And WTF is that brick thing in the background? 

King of Style, Eric Bernard. Pumped to be 40miles in, and done with the headwinds 

Marcus, the young Jedi 
Adam, Still drunk from last night's shennanigans at The Tap Room (notice the helmet) 

An Acadian flag painted on a Cello, or a big ass violin. Either way it's cool 

Historic Grand Coteau. Complete with 1972 Green Chevy Nova 

Before you yell BLASPHEMY! The HR monitor is only to keep miles, and how many Christmas sweets I can eat after the ride

Grand Coteau, complete with historic sign 

Keepin it real at my favorite coffee shop in the swamp, Fly's coffee in Breaux Bridge 

Free Wi-Fly, clever. And giving kids espresso. Pure genius 

This is as much holiday cheer as I'm gonna muster 

Easily bathroom break #17 for the day.  

Day 1 in the books. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow!

No comments: