Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 6

There is one overarching theme that I'm seeing in the 1000 Christmas K's, that I have an awesome group of friends. I had another great group today to ride. And even when my 65 mile route turned into 84, nary a word of grumpiness was spoken. Ok, truthfully Anne said she did think about smacking me in the head with a cycling cleat. Either way, I am super stoked to have all this support and excitement for people that wanna come ride with me this week. The km's are really stacking up, and my butt is really arguing with my bike saddle. I'm currently sitting at right about 750km, and I'm getting excited to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Regardless, I'm still having a good time seeing all the best routes the swamp has to offer. This of course excludes the Catahoula highway. Never EVER again.

Today's ride - 84 miles (135km)
Total so far -  464.5 miles (749km)



Swear I've passed this barn 10,000 times, and never noticed the cool old truck in the barn 

Anne and Adam planning their mutiny 

Luke's Lucky Lounge, COMPLETE with drive-thru window. And yes, they're open at 8am 

You think the Governor would pave the main road of a 3-time Kentucky Derby winner's home! Get it together, Jindal! 

One of the roads in the accidental 20 mile detour 

Anne trying to explain exactly where in BFE we were 



"No, I won't yell at you. But I'd like to smack you in the face with a cycling cleat." 

The homestretch, aka Cajunman course



No comments: